Saturday 21 July 2018

Movie Tone News extra July 2018

Before pushing on with The Heart Stone of Africa story, I think I need to do a little update, so that is what this news extra is all about.
Connie fines the Heart Stone
                                                                                                                                    
When I decided to make THSOF it was story that I was just going to be me telling with no game play involved & while I could have carried on it that vain, I decided that to make it more interesting & uncertain from my point of view I would use a game in order that I wouldn't have complete control over what was happening.

                                               
As it's set in Africa & was planed for the hero's to end up heading for the Congo, I though why not use the Congo game ? after getting Congo & trying it out I was disappointed to fine that it wasn't really what I wanted, whoever help was at hand (my thanks to Joe  at  http://zabadakszombieworld.blogspot.com/) in the form of Jimland,, this is across between an RPG & miniature gaming & is everything I could have wished for to take control of the story out of my hands.

Well that's it from tonight's news, so its a Goodnight from me & a Goodnight from him :)
Once again my thanks to Joe for all his help & as always my thanks to you for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :)


10 comments:

  1. Reading Joe's Jimland exploits it sounds like they could be an ideal framework for you to use to get some suspense and lose some control over the direction the story takes, this could be in a major or a minor way which gives you lots of options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, that's spot on & is just what I want :)

      Delete
  2. Jimland is a fun game. I remember reading the reports from http://www.nagssociety.com/resources/Jimland/Jimland.htm some time ago, and played a few games myself a while back. I'll look forward to seeing how you get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fitz, Jimland is both fun & full of tension

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear "Congo" didn't deliver what you were after Frank, but obviously 'clouds DO have silver linings' if Jimland fits the bill :-)
    Excellent thinking sir, and I'm looking forward to seeing the tale unfold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, yep you lose some you win some & who knows Congo might fit the bill for some other project :)

      Delete
  4. Too bad about Congo Frank - sounds a lot like 7TV with me, I was certain it was exactly what I was looking for and ended up not doing it.
    Looking forward to seeing how you make out with Jimland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, yep fun how Congo wouldn't work of the Congo :) 7TV was something I was thinking of doing myself at one point, but after a bit of research I decided it wasn't for me.

      Delete
  5. Whilst your story telling skills are first rate, there's always room for bit of randomness imho and I'm glad you've taken the route you have. I like to think that not having total control over the story, making in into a game, adds a lot more.
    "Jimland" has made me wonder about rules generally. The rules are so simple and a lot of fun so do we really need a glossy (read expensive) commercial set, with lots of cardboard 'detailed' rules etc.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, that was my thoughts & it can lead you in ways you might never have thought up :)

      Agree 100% Jimland rules are very good while been very easy to learn & from a narrative point top notch, I could even see it working for other style of games, once again mate thanks for the help :)

      Delete

Followers