Friday 29 March 2019

Movie Tone News March 2019

Sorry there was no news last month but there really wasn't any news to bring you guys :)
Since the turn of the year the two busies departments have been make-up & script but at least last month did see a release with the concluding part of Secret of Corpse Diamond Temple.
                               

This has lead me in away I didn't expect, if you seen the movie you'll know that I used my Spacehulk tiles & that got me thinking of doing some Spacehulk stuff which then lead to another project that I've wanted to do for years that has been started & dropped a few times, but I'll come back to that later.

So what is Spacehulk (SH) some of you might know & some of you mightn't, SH is an old GW two player game set in old abandoned spaceships which has Space Marines fighting Geanstealers, think of the movie Aliens for an idea of it.
The Spacehulk set up for the first mission with the Marines ready to enter.
Like I said SH is a two player game that with one or two changes works very well as a solo game, now as is often the case with a lot of GW boardgames if your a 40K player the models will end up been used in your 40K army & this was the case with me.
Now the Geanstealers models I still have but painted in away to suit an army long gone so need a repaint, while the Marines where sold off as part of another army, so a couple of years back I bought some more Marines which where also to be part of the other project, did some work on them & that's how they've been the last couple of years until now.
What's this ? no clear bases this time but I need two bases for each Marine as the 40mm bases don't work for Spacehulk, as you can see they have magnets in them as have the feet of the Marines

So the plan is to get SH up & running first with just what's needed & then add other stuff which I'll cover at another time, so on to the other project which I'll call Anphelion & is based on a Forge World book called Imperial Armour VI The Anphelion Project, which pitches the Imperial forces of  which the Space Marines are a part of against the Tyranids of which the Geanstealers are a part of, see its all starting to make sense now :)

In January's news I talked about a budget linked to movies idea, well to get the above project up & running I took Ivor's advice & blow the budget out of the water so we can forget all about that, thanks mate :)
The two main stars of The Anphelion Project, on the left Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Solomon Lok & on the right Commander Carab Cullin of the Red Scorpions Space Marines.
This project will take years & I'm not sure if I should keep it here on have it in a different studio, but I've been missing my Sci-fi & its a setting I know very well & am comfortable in, the plan is to go back to a time before the advents of the book & build up to the book  using Spacehulk & other games.

I going to leave that for now, so in other news how many of you remember the picture below ?
                              
                                                         
Its alright if you don't as I wasn't expecting you to but give yourself a pat on the back if you did :)
The picture is the last scene  from the Perilous Island campaign, now the plan was at the time was for this to lead into the Lemuria campaign but somehow the book for it just doesn't do it for me, so I looked around for something else & found a RPG book called Hallow Earth Expedition or HEX for short & have decided to run with that as it gives me a lot more freedom.

The plan is to use the 45 adventure rules set for the games, but like a RPG this will be as much story driven as game driven, anyway the opening chapter has already been scripted with just a few scenes to be shot & should be released soon.

Well that's it for this months news, so it's a goodnight from me & a goodnight from him :)
As always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed. 



 

11 comments:

  1. Great to see you back Frank! Lots of really good stuff in the queue, and can't wait to see you continuing the pulp campaign too 🙂

    *and always glad to help others spend money lol!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, finding ways to continue can sometimes be difficult but I think (hope) I've found away that I'll be happy with :) as for helping people spend money :( lol

      Delete
  2. Spacehulk is a funny game. Played it a couple of times at the club and I've been half thinking about 3D-printing corridors for it... But the printing queue is rather long as it is, so that will probably not happen.
    I'm there with you on the Lemuria campaign. It just didn't appeal to me, but the Tomb of the Serpent campaign is more to my liking. Arab buildings for that is high in the queue :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joakim, I did build a 3D hulk years back but at the time the models were smaller & the terminators fitted on 25mm bases, no body can ever say your not getting value for money on that 3D printer of yours :)

      Yes I agree with you on the Tomb of the Serpent campaign & is something I hope to get around to myself at some point, but it could be a while so hurry up with yours so I can follow a long :)

      Delete
    2. Erm... yes... I do have to get a game or two if Tomb of the Serpent.

      Delete
  3. Good to see you revisiting Space Hulk. It was always a favourite of mine so I'm glad you're showing it some love. I own a massive Tyranid army and I also have that Anphelion Project book. I wish you well with this project, Frank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan, I think there's a lot of mileage to be got out of Spacehulk & the inter-net has been a great help to me in get all the editions & campaigns together.

      My hope for the Anphelion Project is to some day play out all the mission using the 4th ed rulebook & the codices from that time but that years down the line sadly :(

      Delete
  4. Space Hulk is one of the few GW games I have (still) and have played it fairly recently too (about 3 years ago iirc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I have to say I'm a bit surprised to hear that, 3 years might not be long enough for you to do one of your forgotten blog posts on it :)

      Delete
    2. Ah, but you haven't seen them have you ?

      Delete
    3. That true Joe I haven't but one can hope :)

      Delete

Followers