Sunday 22 November 2020

Lockdown challenge complete

 This is the part of painting I like the best, when I've painted models :)



These where nice models to get me back painting with, as there is not a lot of detail on them & only required a few colours.
There was not a lot to be done to these tbh from where they were at in last weeks post.
Just 3 coats of GW's black wash on the wings &
1 on the fur, which was then give a cream drybrush.
Then it was a tip of red on the nipples, dot the eye's &
put them on to clear bases, I might at some point change some of them to flying bases, but for now I'm calling them done.
Once again my thanks to Dave Stone for setting the challenge & permitting me to take part, as it has gotten me back painting :)
At the start of the year I painted what was for me a fair few models, but I think I've learned something from that & painting these models & I think it might be of help to ours who like me are not big into painting.
The thing is with a lot of us, we pick a setting we're going to be gaming in or an army we're going to be using & then set about painting what can be a lot of very similar models, now I don't know about you guys but for me that's a mistake as I end up getting board.
So with that in mind next up are these 5 Cowboys. 
Their from Black Scorpion, a company who's models I really like & while they're a lot more detailed then the Harpies, I can console myself with the fact that after their painted (hopefully by the end of December) that I can then paint something different again out of the pile of shame.
I know you guys are probable thinking that only 5 models a month Frank, yep but that leaves me some time to be working on other stuff like terrain, plus if I can stick with the plan 5 models a month over a year will be 60 models. 

That's a wrap for this post, as always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :)

10 comments:

  1. The harpies turned out great Frank, and glad the challenge helped get you back into painting. The next five look great models, and if working on 5 at a time works for you that's the main thing. look forward to seeing more of your scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, Yep I was happy enough with them, I don't aim for to much in my painting, just good enough to put on the table :)
      It think its a plan that will work for me & I really need to get back making movies lol

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Frank! It's always good to get models painted and based - and photographed in front of some appropriate terrain too!
    I'll have to try to get you sorted with some Knuckleduster cowboy models, if you think Black Scorpion are good just wait until you see what Knuckleduster do 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, 100% mate.
      I take it those Knuckleduster models will come painted right ? lol

      Delete
  3. My mind runs overtime trying to work out what the next scenario will be. The Fab Five versus the Ladies from ???.
    Like the paint job, must try some of these new fangled paints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Douglas, washes are great for painting with you should give them a try.
      That the joy of Pulp anything goes :)

      Delete
  4. Well done gettibg soe painting done, the harpies do look the biz.
    Unlike you I hate painting non-uniform figures and I think five figures a month ais very acheivable for individuals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, it funny the way people in the same hobby have different likes & dislikes, yep if I can't manage 5 a month I think I such just throw my hat at it :)

      Delete
  5. 5 a month, thats a damn fine work rate, 60 a year is a new setting. I usually only manage to paint occasionally and while the enthusiasms there vash out as many as possible because the enthusiasm doesn't last long.
    Good luck with the cowpokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, as you know like yourself paint is not my thing, & these days the mood to paint is coming less & less, so hopefully this will be an east way of getting models painted.

      Delete

Followers