Sunday 15 November 2020

Move Tone News November 2020

Good evening & welcome to this month's news, I'll start with a little challenge N&D are taking part in, that was set up by Dave Stone over on his wonderful blog https://wargamesculptorsblog.blogspot.com/

If you've never visited Dave's blog I recommend hitting the link above but don't forget to come back :)
The challenge is to paint a squad but Dave kindly agreed to let me paint any set of models I wanted, now as you most likely know I'm no lover of painting & the challenge is what I need at this point to get me back at it.

I've had these Harpies for a long time & went with them over lots of other models I have a long time as I thought they be simple enough to paint as there's not a lot of detail to pick out.  
I removed the bases & primed them white
Then put them on temporally on bases for painting, now painting might be to strong a word for what I do as most of it is done with washes. 
So as they stand now their base colours are done, thanks to the three bottles below.
Don't worry this is not me trying to give lessons in painting, the reason for this is as a record for me in case I ever want to paint more of them, as I've a very bad habit of not recording how I paint things & than have a terrible time if want to paint more.
The flesh was done using the first bottle, the hair & fur the second & the wings the third, the flesh will be left as is while the fur & wings will get more washes.
The challenge runs until the end of the month so expect another post on these that will have closer pictures to show the finished models.

 While I'm on painting, I painted these 4 cultist a while back, but instead of going for blue or purple robes I just went for a plain brown, the reason for this was to keep with the name I gave, The cult of the Friary Tuck :)
On to other stuff & I think I'm going stone mad, & you'll think so two as you see the below pictures, which are still very much so a WIP

I've been building roads but not just roads but roads with stonewalls,
& what set of roads would complete without a bridge ?
I have some other straight done to this stage as well, the crossroads piece I did with one side at a 90% angle & the other off at a different angle, I also intend to some curves & bend sections.
Another thing I've want to do for a very long time is an Egyptian set & have also mad a start on that as well :)  

My original idea was to do this as a fixed set but at the time I couldn't work out how to do it & so done the temple of the beastmen set instead that was seen in hollow earth.
As with the roads this is still very much a WIP  but will not be done as a fixed set.
but I'll bring you update on both projects as progress is made on them. 



In late news, to day seen the release of a new ed of Larger then Life from THW & N&D pick it up, now I'd a quick look over it & while it doesn't seem to have the same depth to it from a story telling point of view as Director's Cut, it does have some new things that I like & will be using, I'll do more of a review of it at another time, but know that this new ed really pushes the use of the battle-boards style of play.

Well that's it for this month's news, so its a goodnight from me & a goodnight from him as always my thanks for dropping & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :)

16 comments:

  1. Off to a cracking start with the harpies Frank, like the colours you've chosen.
    Your roads, Egyptian scenery and buildings look marvellous, and look forward to seeing them finished, and appearing in a movie theatre near me soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, yep happy to have got going on them, I don't think they be appearing in a Christmas blockbuster this year lol

      Delete
  2. Blimey Frank you look like you have enough projects on the go to last a long time. Good luck with them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, & enough in my head to keep me going for a long time after their done lol

      Delete
  3. Nice!
    I especially like the Egyptian stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joakim, the Egyptian stuff is something I've want to do for such a long time.

      Delete
  4. So whe did the scenery and props departments get a buget increase?
    All good stuff, loving the scenery especially the off-kilter crossroads. A bit more inforamtion needed though on materials, etc. Loving the Egyptian stuff and do wonder how or whom you'll be inflicting those harpies on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, what budget ? :)
      When I've more done on them I'll do a post & fill you in on the details of what was used, as for the harpies my guess would be anyone who gets close :)

      Delete
  5. Great stuff Frank! Looks like you're hobbying quite a bit there, with quite a wide variety of projects as well 😀
    Love to see those harpies in a Jason and the Argonauts game mate *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, yep thankful I'm now fully back in the hobby grove.
      Maybe some day.:)

      Delete
  6. Glad to see you are keeping busy, props department have had a boost and all looking good, now to wait and see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Douglas, don't hold your breath it could be a while :)

      Delete
  7. I know only too well, presently trying to build the outskirts of Cairo in the hope my intrepid party actually manage to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seen that & them getting there :)

      Delete
  8. Love those Harpies they look great. Look forward to seeing them with a splash of paint on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I've had them a long time so yep it will be good to have them painted :)

      Delete

Followers