Wednesday 9 May 2018

Chapter 6 The Boat to Livingston

        NICKEL & DIME PRODUCTION'S 
                         proudly present's 
  CONNEMARA FEENEY & TAYLOR DAVIES 
                                     in
         THE HEART STONE OF AFRICA

After a couple of days in Swatrow the party boarded the paddle steamer for the two day trip down river to Livingston,the weather was fine & the cool breeze of the river kept the temperature very comfortable.  
Connie & Taylor spent a lot of the time together alone at the prow of the boat talking & enjoying watching the land & its wonderful wildlife. 
Maud spent most of the time telling anyone who would listen all about the terrible adventure & how she thought that she would die out in the wilderness never once mention poor Jim Brown how had lost his life.
Connie"I'm going to miss Marco & Jean/Paul when we all leave the boat tomorrow but I can't say the same for those awful Weber's"
Taylor"I agree 100% Connie, Marco & Jean/Paul are good chaps but those Weber's are two of the most dislike-able people I've ever came across in my life" 

Connie"What are we going to do about the stone Taylor ?"
Taylor"I've been giving that a lot of thought Connie ever since we reach the missionary, if we'd could someway find out where that poor soul got it from it might be worth trying to acquire mining right in the area but at this point it would seem like a very lot shot  that we'll ever know from wench he got it"

Connie"Are you thinking of launching an expatiation Taylor ? how wonderful I'd really enjoy that"
Taylor"Now hold on a minute Connie as I said we'll probable never know where it came from & even we got some kind of a lead you'll be head back stateside, I'll not risk your life going off on some wild goose chase" 
Connie"I can take care of myself"
Taylor"I know you can Connie but you've come to mean to much to me & I'll not drag you into danger"
Connie was both trilled & mad at Taylor's last remake but said nothing.

As they neared the port of Livingston, Connie, Taylor, Marco & Jean/Paul were talking.
Taylor"I'd like to thank you both very much for getting us through & if there's anything I can ever do for either of you, you only have to ask"
Jean/Paul"No need to thank me Taylor we all done our bit, although with out Marco I don't think any of us would have made it"

Taylor"Well Connie & I will be staying at the Hotel Imperial for a couple of days so if you guys get a chance I'd like to buy you both dinner & a few farewell drinks before we go our different ways also there is something I'd like to talk to you both about"

The two agreed to come to the hotel tomorrow night, before heading back to their cabins to get their things.
Connie"Are you going to tell them about the stone?"
Taylor"Yes Connie I am, I've a meeting as you know tomorrow afternoon with the Belgium Ambassador & if no claim can be laid to the stone then I'd like for them to have a cut of its worth, that is with your permission of coarse as if no one can claim it then the stone is yours "

Connie"That would be wonderful Taylor, they both would deserve it"
Taylor"Yes they would, anyway time grab our things & get going" 
After getting their things together they made their way on to the pier with the other passengers,
 before they all went their different ways. 

That's a rap for this post, as always my thanks for dropping in & if you like to be a film critic & leave a comment it would be welcomed :)



11 comments:

  1. Some marvelous eye candy on display here (yet again) Frank - certainly no complaints from me as a "satisfied punter" :-)
    The ONLY suggestion I could make would be to perhaps avoid using yellow fonts on a white background in your title sequences, since it's rather difficult to see ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank O'Donnell10 May 2018 at 06:15
      Thanks WA, always glad to have satisfied punters;)

      Oddly enough your not the first person to bring up the yellow on white background but the last person to bring it up later told me it was depending on what device he was using at the time of viewing & as I only use it as the title in this production I hope people will forgive me for it :) but as a paying customer I welcome you pointing it out & will look into trying to maybe darken the yellow for that next episode.

      Delete
  2. Very atmospheric photos (great paddle-steamer btw, makes me want to assemble mine), all I was waiting for was Monsieur Poirot to show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I don't know how long you had yours but if its any help to know I think I'd this for about a year before getting around to building it.

      As for Poirot maybe I could do Death on the Nile at some point but it might have to be a comedy :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Frank! And your paddle boat is the business :) Very jealous, I want one lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, yes its a lovely kit & would be even better inthe hands of someone like yourself that could paint it well :)

      Delete
  5. Excellent Frank. You've taken a lot of trouble with the photos, some very nice sets there from the animals on the bank to the dock and town.
    The boats turned out well it's difficult to see but I remember you saying you were going to paint it after assembly, how did that go?
    The smoke in the funnel is a nice touch as is the spray behind the paddle wheel.
    Altogether a good continuation of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, yes your right about the photo's mate to get the 7 of them involved the setting up of two different tables, which as you know from your own great work takes time but I was very happy with how they turned out so well worth the effort imho :)

      Your spot on John I did indeed paint it after the assembly & to say its no work of art would be an understatement as I didn't put to much work into it, but a good cameraman can can make the props department look very good :)

      Delete
  6. Excellent shots of the animals, various sets, and your great cast of characters!

    I agree about yellow text on white - although I could read it I could see that it might depend on each device and its settings.

    Keep up the great storytelling! Makes me want to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fitz, like any work any of us do what people see is of as much importance as what they read, so the story has them sailing down a river in Africa & the picture's with the animals in the background reinforces that fact.

      Its a story that has a bit to go yet so stayed tuned mate :)

      Delete

Followers