Friday 22 June 2018

Movie Tone News June 2018

Not a lot to report this month in the news as the studio seems to have gone football mad, with people going around singing about 3 loins on their shirt & so many years of hurt.

Well I would imagine that 3 loins would lead to a lot of hurt & if it was me & the loins wanted the shirt that badly I'd just give it to them :)

So what is happen I hear you ask ? well work is still going on building Congo terrain, as I said in another post making films  in the Congo  calls for lots of props but were nearing the end for now.

Before the end of this month the next chapter in The Heart Stone of Africa should be released & then it will be time for the studios annual vacation, so all in all there won't be to much happening around here for the next while but on the plus side things for the next big project are starting to be put in place, so here's a little clue.

No I haven't foreseen my own death :)
Well that's it for this months news, so its a goodnight from me & its a goodnight from him, as always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :)

10 comments:

  1. Your props department has onviously been at full stretch in the race to the holdiay deadline - great stuff.
    I'm guessing the next project is going to be a wargame version of "Wuthering Heights".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe, I don't think either of them are called Heathcliff or Katy but maybe one of those is the horse's name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there something to do with football going on? - or what passes for football nowadays, with all the cheating and amateur dramatics ;-)
    You've certainly been busy, and that looks like a goodly collection of scenics to add to the props department :-)
    Nice clue for the upcoming project - I've no idea what it is, but it's still worked as a "teaser" because I'm now itching to find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg,Yep some of the guys on the pitch would make good actors :) but still some good skillful honest players left that are worth watching :)

      I don't now if you ever seen a TV show named Catch Phase but if you look at the picture again the all the clues are there, sorry about the itch :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like it's time to gird your loins! lol

    "Foot ball"? What's that?

    The lions look good, and the terrain seems to be coming along well! I tried to work with cork tiles, but that seem too crumbly to me. Is there a trick to working with them? (I guess you have to make sure your knife is good and sharp, but any other tips from the prop department?) Enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fitz,football is a game where guys kick a ball & get paid millions for doing so :)

      Yep a sharp blade is a must for working with cork, if your cutting it at an angle & not in a straight line it very hard to get a clean cut, but a bit of sanding will solve the problem, hope that helps :)

      Delete
  5. It's good to see the Props Dept working flat out, I'm a bit surprised they get annual leave because they never seem to catch up with the script writers, you could probably give the Writers a month off because they are so prolific.
    No Idea on the new project, mind you, wasn't one of your characters called No Idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, what can I say, unions :)

      One of them was indeed called No'idea but luckily for her she had a servant who was No'itall :)

      Delete
  6. Working through Congo terrain, finishing up the Heart campaign, and already planning a new game?!?! Madness! LOL! I have zero time to even write comments on the blogs I follow nowadays.
    I see a John Ford/Sergio Leone type production upcoming 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, really life getting in the way of your hobby ? the Heart campaign has a little bit to go yet but the props & casting work is nearing an end which will give me time to start work on the new production.

      Ford/Leone is the WEST guess yet ;)

      Delete

Followers