Tuesday 16 October 2018

Movie Tone News October 2018

Its that time of the year when a lot of the revile studio's turn their minds to horror or more to the point zombies not so here at N&D studio's, fear not we shall be releasing a horror movie in time for Halloween :)

Right so what has been happen around here of late? well with a big release planed for the Newyear everyone around here is flat out on the Western Front, no not that Western Front The Wild Western Front or to be more precise the Town of Boulderhill, yes I picked a name for the town.
The big black thing on the right side of the picture is the boulder hill
I've all the cork frames made up for the buildings with a couple of them just been mock buildings, as I don't use the inside of buildings I can get away with this :) None of the buildings are finished but 3 of them are very close with 2 of them just needing signage & the other just needing signage & a door.
The green one that's in behind the red building in the picture you seen in last months news.
This is my first two story building & is the tallest of them all



The models are 32mm scale, I might add a canopy above the two upper windows just to break it a bit. 

this one is just a single story & while it looks brown in the picture its in fact a mauve colour 
Two more have the timber cladding done which is the slowest part of the build, so over all I'm happy with the progress made, here's a couple more pictures.
This one will be the sheriff's office, the white part is where the cells are 


Not sure what this building will be yet, the side wall facing above as a big pair of gates in it

This will be the bank, I've gone for stone work on the bottom half while the up will be timber

Here we have one of the mock buildings
 Its not only the sets & props team that been busy the makeup department have been getting the costumes ready as well.
These are Foundry models, which come mounted & unmounted see below

Their 28mm 

In other news, now you lot will know I don't do advertisement, tried it once but as Vagabond studio's didn't settle the bill I decided to drop it, but as my eldest son Gary has just released his first book I've done a u-turn, now needless to say that been my son I'm not charging him, but did insist that as part of the deal N&D studio's would get the film rights :)

Anyway there's a link below to where you can find the book it's only a couple of euro's & to sweeten the deal I'll offer a two of the price of one on tickets to the next N&D movie, can't do any fairer then that, plus if it take off for him we might end up with a better script writer around here.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J2SRQGX/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_tai_1cuUBb7VCQ32W

I can't go without saying how happy we all are at the success of Phantom Jungle & the debut performance of Mr T-Rex,  as the last of the studio's budget was blown in making it & a flop would have seen the studio's go belly up.

So with that in mind I've decided to give the go ahead on a 4 reel movie starring Chip Spud & Tasha Stripov in Secret of Corpse Diamond Temple, this will be their biggest roles yet, now I'll let you guys in on a little secret, I had Brad & Angeline on begging me to give them the parts but I thought no these guys deserve the time in the limelight.

Anyway Chip has gotten a new-look & gone is the beard, you guys might remember he had to shave it off to dress as a woman his last movie so its stayed gone, Tasha is still just looking fabulous as you would imagine, & they both now have proper stats as would be befitting of stars :)

Leading Male Chip Spud P.I  Abilities, Fast +3 when running, TOB -1 for wounds against him for first 2 rounds.

Stats Fists  Gats  Guts  Stunts  Smarts  Hits
           5       4        5         4          5         6
Two interrupts per scene
.45 Pistol, Torch

Leading Female Tasha Stripvo Abilities Drunk at the beginning of each scene roll 1D6 1-4 -1 to gats stunts & smarts, 5-6 +1 to guts.

Stats Fists  Gats  Guts  Stunts  Smarts  Hits            3       4        4        5           4         5
One interrupts per scene
.22 Pistol, Handbag, bottle of vodka, Cuban cigars.

For Phantom Jungle I keep things fairly simple & stayed away from things like abilities or interrupts rules not so for this next one as I intend to go full throttle plus I want to turn the pulp dial up a few notches :) 


Well that's it for this months news, so its a Goodnight from me & a Goodnight from him.
As always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :)


8 comments:

  1. Boulderhill is coming on a pace and is looking very snazzy so far, those buildings are looking dead smart. I like the idea of the dummy fronts, have you thought about a backdrop. You've seen the one Vampifan uses, well I stole his idea and have been using one for my WW1 planes and it looks great, better than the black background. It means editing the pictures but you have a good eye for that sort of thing.
    Looking forward to the film series, any rules that have the ability for a character to start drunk has to be worth looking at:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, tbh I'm surprised I've never seen anyone else use dummy buildings on their sets before as there so often used in the movies.:)

      Yep backdrops add so much & I have a little one I use that is in the pictures of the cowboys above but can't find a big one, if by editing the pictures you mean doing some kind of special effects using my computer I fear that would be beyond me :(

      I have thought of having one painted & my sons girlfriend is an art teacher & has offered to do it so might let her.

      Well as of last night you have the rules (I hope) to let a character start drunk, but just remember its a character that can start drunk not the director :)

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Frank! Looking forward to seeing the build continue. And a big congrats to your son 🙂 I gotta say any book with a pterodactyl on the cover is ok by me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, I'm looking forward to them all been done so I can get making movies :)

      Thanks for the congrats to the son mate, I'm very proud of him, he blames me for it been a book with dinos in as he said it from all those cheep crappy movies I made him watch as a kid but tbh I've no idea what he's talking about as I only watched classic movies :)

      Delete
  3. You've got a lot going on in the studios, all of which I thoroughly approve of, though I'm a bit disappointed not to see a plethora of coffee stirrers as clapboard in the town.
    The foundry westerners with riders and on foot are excellent, but lead to me to question whether or not ypu'll alos need stanign riderless horses.
    Congrats to your son, writing a book is no mean feat and it's on Kindle too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joe, funny you should bring up coffee stirrers as the place were I got the timber for the first couple of buildings had run out when I went to get more :( so now I'm using timber that is like long coffee stirrers & TBH I'm not as happy with them but didn't fancy waiting for the shop to get the others in.

    Thanks for the congrats to my Son & I agree it is indeed no mean feat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Town is coming along nicely indeed. Nice looking posse. I keep banging on to mini makers that when they make mounted riders that they dismounted versions to! So many motorbike figures I would love to get but don't have anything to use for dismounted models.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Simon, the mounted unmounted sets are something I really like & like yourself wise more model companies would do them.

    ReplyDelete

Followers