Tuesday 5 February 2019

Blog Changes

It seems Goggle are making changes to blogger, now as anyone who comes to this blog often will know computers are not my thing & what it all means I've not really sure but it looks like the changes will be effecting Goggle +, anyway below is what the whole thing is about & if anyone could let me know in the comments if there's anything I need to do to my blog I would be grateful.
As always my thanks for dropping in & I hope that after the changes you will still be able to do so.
Following the announcement of Google+ API deprecation scheduled for  March 2019, a number of changes will be made to Blogger’s Google+ integration on 4 February 2019.


Google+ widgets: Support for the “+1 Button”, “Google+ Followers” and “Google+ Badge” widgets in Layout will no longer be available. All instances of these widgets will be removed from all blogs. 



+1 buttons: The +1/G+ buttons and Google+ share links below blog posts and in the navigation bar will be removed.




Please note that if you have a custom template that includes Google+ features, you may need to update your template. Please contact your template supplier for advice.

Google+ Comments: Support for Google+ Comments will be turned down, and all blogs using Google+ Comments will be reverted back to using Blogger comments on 4 February 2019. Unfortunately, comments posted as Google+ comments cannot be migrated to Blogger and will no longer appear on your blog.



Google+ Profile: In March 2019, Blogger will revert to only having Blogger profiles. Users that have selected a G+ profile in the past will appear as unknown authors until they next login to Blogger and supply a new display name and avatar.



We are sorry for the inconvenience these changes may cause, but we look forward to delivering fresh functionality to Blogger in the coming year. Thanks for your continued loyalty.

If you have questions about any of these changes or need help navigating them, please visit our Blogger Help Forum.

12 comments:

  1. It seems a rather Draconian action by Google to me, even though it won't affect me that much. If you're already a Blogger user, as I am, it won't affect you much. If you need any help, Frank, don't hesitate to contact me at vampifan@talktalk.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan that's very kind of you to offer, hopefully it won't effect things to much but I don't know if people who followed by Google + will be still able to do so.

      Delete
    2. That is, I think, the problem - all those following with Google+. They can't follow your blog by that channel soon, and will have to choose another way to follow, be it as an 'ordinary'follower or by e-mail. Or you loose them...

      Delete
    3. Thanks Joakim, I feared that might be the case, so if anyone reading this that follows on Google+ & wants to keep following please follow as an ordinary follower.

      Delete
  2. I received the same e-mail Frank, but I have no idea of the impact on you or me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin, hopefully it will not have an impact on us at all, I noticed your following on Google+ so if you get cut off then we'll be aware of what the changes are.

      Delete
  3. Yep, I too got that and like you I'm a bit of a technophobe, but as I never use, not "got into" Google+, chrome or whateverI sforesee no immediate problems.
    To me it wil have a positive side-effect, in that I'llnow be able to once more see the other blogs that others use and peruse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, never a bad wind that doesn't blow some good :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Frank Sorry I can't help much except it looks like you have a Google+ profile showing on your blog, see the about me section and it appears you have 37 followers of that linked on your blog.
    What it means I've no idea, it looks like all the people who comment are normal blogger followers. That is if any of us qualify as normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, it seems we're both a pair of ducks looking into a bottle :)

      Martin followed on Google+ but as he's someone you know well I'll let you decide how normal he is :)

      Delete
    2. I'll let you judge - anyone who names himself after a Terry Prachett character, imagines he has a Butler called Scrotum and thinks he keeps Mrs and Ms Spankhurst in the attic. I could show you pictures of Ms Spankhurst but you run a family blog and she probably qualifies as XXX rated, in a very interesting way.

      Delete
    3. Lol as I've said before I never judge John :)

      Delete

Followers