Monday 21 January 2019

Secret of Corpse Diamond Temple Reel 3

Reel 1 & 2 can be found at the links below
https://nickelandimeproductions.blogspot.com/2018/10/secret-of-corpse-diamond-temple-reel-1.html
https://nickelandimeproductions.blogspot.com/2018/12/secret-of-corpse-diamond-temple-reel-2.html
                                               A Nickel & Dime Production
                                              Staring Chip Spud & Tasha Stripov
By various means Chip has learned that a ship has been hired by Archibald Meade to transport equipment & supplies to the island of Devil's Gate, Devil's Gate got it's name after the famous archaeologist  Heinrich Schliemann discovered on it the remains of an ancient temple littered with the bones of humans.Located 150 miles off the coast of Brazil the island is privately own.
                                                                                       
Statures & carvings seem to indicate that the inhibitions were some kind of ab-humans & show them offering normal humans as sacrifice to some large monument they'd built that seemed to suck the life out of them, it from these images that it got the name of Corpse Diamond Temple.

Sure that the Sonic Resonators  are to be loaded onto the ship, Chip plans to try to intercept them on the docks, with the ship not due to dock until the next morning Chip & Tasha have decided to try a little moonlighting.

Up a head they notice a man at the far end of the warehouse & slip around the back of it.
Chip" I not sure what that guy is up to but I don't like the look of him it might be best to give him a wide berth.
Chip & Tasha don't know it yet but there are in fact two guys hanging around.
Chip" You search in there & I'll head over to look at the big pile of crates.
The two goons are watchmen keeping a eye out of anything untoward.
Tasha has no luck in her search but hearing the guard nearing ducks in between the two shelving units, while Chip gets behind some crates & looks around the area but can see no one.
As Chip makes his way over to the big pile of crates Tasha tries sneaking out of the warehouse
But the watchman hears something & turns round, spotting her in the beam of his torch he startled to see a lovely young woman here at this hour of night.
Watchman"Here what are you up to ?"
Quick witted & hoping Chip would hear her, Tasha"I was looking for a light for my cigarette, you wouldn't happen to have a match would you ?
This throws the watchman off & while he's he's searching his pockets for a match Tasha takes off, but he's soon after her blowing his whistle.
This gets the other watchman's attention & brings 3 other man out of the hut, spotting Chip the watchman comes racing towards him & as he nears him swings his club.
Chip dodges  the club & with a quick punch to the gut followed by an uppercut Chip put the guy down, but then feels a blow on the back of the head.
While the other watchman tries to deal with Tasha, the odds are stacking up against Chip
Having grown up in the slums of Hell's Kitchen Chip knows how to look after himself & sends another thug sprawling.
He then turns to face the other attacker who has just landed a blow to Chip's kidneys.
Chip" Lets see if you can land a punch on me now that were face to face"
Before he's time to throw a dig at the guy Chip feels a blade slice him a cross the arm.
Tasha try's scratching the goons eye's but he gives her a prod in the stomach with his shovel taking the wind out of her sails.
Watchman" Look  Miss I don't want to hurt you so if you'll just come a long"
Tasha laughing despite the pain" As if you could, I've dropped bigger then you buster"As she lands a blow in his mid-section
Chip turns to the knife man & gives him a quick one two.
Watchman" I'm finished been nice" & this time hits her a full force blow.
Tasha's eye's water but her's a tuft girl & despite the pain gives him her best smile.
Tasha"That all you got?"
Chip sends a crunching blow into the side of his assailant, but his guy knows how to brawl & launches a kick back which just misses the required spot.
Tasha's badgering has worked as she'd hope & now mad with anger the guy makes a wild swing at her, but she ducks under it & as the momentum of his swing not landing put the guy off balance she smacks him in the side of the head with her pistol putting him out cold.
As the two guys slug it out the thug with the knife spots Tasha & things she looks like easier prey.
The brawl is starting to take it toll on the two lads with the blows starting to lose their venom, but to trying bodies there still having an impact.
Tasha notices the guy racing for her & lets off a couple of shots but her aim is off,
& he covers the ground between them quickly.
Raising the knife an evil grin spreads across his face as he throws it at her, catching her in the side.
Gripping her teeth Tasha" This suit costed me buster & you've just ruined it, so come on lets see what you've got"
Another blow to Chip torso has him just out, I better end this soon he thinks or I'll be done for.
Man"Let see if you're as good as you seem to think you are sweetheart"
Tasha" I don't have to be near my best to deal with the likes of you"
& as he grabs hold of her she's bring her knee up hard into his rocks dropping him on the spot.
Looking down on him she says "Told ya"
With the guy down Tasha takes a look around & not seen anyone else goes about searching  for Sonic Resonators, but does't find them among the crates stack here.
Chip finally drops the last of the thugs & looking round spots Tasha in the light heading on to the pier, now to find these things & get the hell out of here, he thinks to himself.
With so much stuff to look through it's taking time & the first light of day is creeping into the sky.
Then Chip finds what their looking for, Chip" Tasha I've got them come & give me a hand & we'll get out of here.
As they start off with their prize a car comes tearing on to the docks & stops a few years from them.
In a flash four men jump out with a shotgun & a pistol are pointed at them, Chip & Tasha known  the game is up drop the crate.
"Going somewhere ? " asks the man with the pistol ?I think not, now the two of you start heading over for that shed & if you smart you'll won't try anything"
"There you are you idiots, you let one guy & a dame get the better of you, well lucky I arrived when I did, now the ship will be here shortly so get busy"
Turning he went into the shed with Chip, Tasha & two of his men.

Designers Note, I used 45 Adventure rule for the first time in playing out this part of the story & while I did somethings wrong & am still not sure how certain abilities are meant to stack, I found the rules worked very well for what I wanted to do with the only change I made been to how the watchmen/guards worked.

To be continued
As always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to be a movie critic you comment would be welcomed :)




14 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed that, Frank, and I can't wait for part 2. I'm wondering how Chip & Tasha are going to get out of this predicament?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan, & to answer your question I've know idea, but this is cheap B movie pulp so you can just make it up as you go along :)

      Delete
  2. Great stuff there Frank! I see you've been switching around the rules you use lately - are you feeling as though you've yet to find that "perfect" set that checks all the boxes or are you just looking to always be trying out something different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, yep it's me trying to find the perfect rules for what I want to do, which is basically a cross between a RPG & table top gaming.

      Now its early days but I think I'm getting closer :) 45 Adventure & Astonishing Tales are very close to each other in a lot of ways so I'll probably go with a little of both.

      Delete
  3. Frank another great story, a nice cliff hanger for an ending, the script writer was on form for this episode with some classic lines.

    Ivor asks a good question, I'm interested to hear your response.

    .45 rules did a free lite version which I used a couple of times but it's a few years ago. You've probably seen them but there were some good scenario's on their site, I played 2 of a 3 parter, but never finished it. Always meant to.

    A few years ago there were some excellent games played and written up on the LAF using these rules. Someone called Grimm or Grim did some excellent small boards and a Spanish guy also did some brilliant stuff. I copied it onto my computer and will try and find his name for you, it's well worth a read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, The script could have gone lots of different way, from them not been spotted to finding nothing, I'd put a 20 turn limit on the game & I think it was turn 17 when they found the crate, this kind of stuff is as you know very important when solo gaming as it makes it interesting :)

      I had the free rules for awhile but hadn't use them but around Christmas I picked up a copy of the full set I think it was a tenner, I'll have to look up the stuff your talking about on LAF so thanks for the pointer :)

      Delete
  4. Nice little movie. Sure looks and sounds like something out of an old black & white serial, complete with a cliffhanger. And those plug-uglies look straight out of central casting. Excellent set, too. I can almost hear the background sounds of a dockside warehouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Fitz, that's just the feel I was looking for & with you saying so makes me feel getting all those new cast members done was well worth the effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo Frank! :-)
    I loved everything about this from start to finish, and the cliff hanger certainly has me champing at the bit to find out what happens next!
    Fabulous - and if it's not nominated for the end of year awards I'll eat my hat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, that's very kind of you, cliffhangers are what pulps all about & have nothing to do with getting more money out of the audience I promise :)

      Delete
  7. Well, I'm guessing that all didn't go as Chip and Tasha thought it would, but it was a great bit of production and a good end-point, maybe not a cliff--hanger, but certainly one where we;ll all be tuning in for the next episode.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Joe, yep not how they would have figured it would but maybe it turn out right next time so stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great report. I was a bit concerned for a bit but glad Tasha and Chip pulled through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon their not out of the woods yet :)

      Delete

Followers