Tuesday 30 April 2019

Movie Tone News, April 2019

Another month gone by & I'm a bit all over the place tbh, (nothing new there Frank you say :) so many plans but each plan leads to more to do, so with all of that in mind I've decided to put a hold on all productions for the time been, yep I know no really what you guys want to hear (I hope).
Right so where are we at ? well since last months news I posted two things one on Space Hulk & the other the start of the HEX campaign, so lets start with Space Hulk I now have 10 doors painted up, 4 escape pods some computer tables & a couple of doors, plus the C.A.T & the dead Terminator are done so progress there & really 10 more doors & few other little bits & this is in good shape, there are other things I want to add but when their done I'll put it a side for a time.

It was the HEX campaign that really got me thinking, yes it did hurt :) now while this will be for the most part picture light it will still require pictures & I want to try make less be more if you get my point, now the script team have been working on part two but even with the bit that's done I thought what about the pictures to go with it & tbh I knew straight away I couldn't do what I wanted.

So what to do ? well like I said I'm stopping production but on the plus side we're heading into what I like to think of as the hobby time of year, warmer weather & longer days, hopefully over the next 4 or 5 months I 'll get stuff done & then the camera's will be ready to start rolling again.
Now to say I've lots of stuff to do would be an understatement, the Western buildings & models, the ship that in dry dock half painted, MDF kits & plenty of models but to name some of it, add to that I really want to do more sets in a box & to top it all off I've been watching a guy on U-tube called the Terrain Tutor & getting lots of ideas for upping my game on the terrain stuff, if you've never watched him & are interested in making top notch terrain then his videos are well worth a watch.

Well that it for this months news, so its a goodnight from me & a goodnight from him :)
As always my thanks for dropping in & if you care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :)


10 comments:

  1. Great progress on the Space Hulk and the boat is looking awesome. Fully understand about putting the productions on hold while you get the props and cast ready, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run.
    The Terrain Tutor does some great tutorials and even picked up a couple of ideas myself, for next level scenery check out some of the model railway demos there astounding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave, yes the railway guys do take it to a whole different level & I'll take a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know EXACTLY what you're going through Frank, because I'm experiencing the same "problem" myself!
    We just have to accept the fact that we only have a certain amount of hobby time available, and if we embark on "new" projects, a vast amount of that time has to be devoted to painting and modelling, which leaves precious little time for actually gaming :-(
    Still nice to hear how you're progressing though, and of course we eagerly await your new productions :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, yep from what I see I think a lot of us are in the same boat or such that be ship :)

      Delete
  4. I'm pleased to see the progress you're making on "Space Hulk", Frank. Being retired, I probably have loads more hobby time than many others, but even when I start a new project, like my upcoming "Judge Dredd" a lot of my time is spent on preparation, so I can appreciate holding back on your HEX campaign. By the way, i'm a big fan of Mel the Terrain Tutor. he's a top notch guy and so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan, yep the Space Hulk has progressed I still have more to do with it but I think I can now look at other stuff as well, Mel is great :)

      Delete
  5. I like where you're headed Frank! Your ship looks similar to the TT Combat one, I have the TT one that I started but never completed - the ship felt like it was way too low to the water line so I used some foam to basically make the hull higher.

    So you've finally found the Terrain Tutor huh? Well crack on even though now you've, whatchamacallit, gone done the You Tube rabbit hole :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, it is the same ship as yours & I agree it is on the low side but I can live with it.
      If anyone is looking for me I'll be cracking on down the rabbit hole with Mel :)

      Delete
  6. It doesn'treally matter that you're juggling so many projects about as long as somethingis being done imom whether it's ships (I love that model), space hlk campaigns or whatever. I hthink everyone will agree just show us what you;ve done !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Joe, your wish is my command I'll keep you guys updated with whats happening behind the scenes :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers