Sunday 14 April 2019

Space Hulk, Just when I thought I was ready.

As I said in last months news I wanted to get my Space Hulk done, so for the last few weeks I've been working on the models.
At this stage all I've left to do is the C.A.T & the dead termination, as these are just objectives & not used in many missions I was ready to go, until that is I done this.
And then this.
The doors are from one of the Killteam sets that I'd picked up on E-bay for about 20 Euro including postage & as you can see works very well with Space Hulk, there was 10 of them & I've since ordered another set to give 20 doors which is the amount of the card one's that come with the game.

But why stop there ?
In the game different missions call for you to do different things, like destroy a terminal or maybe get to escape pods, these are only ever a certain tile on the game grid you need to get to, but having a model of that thing just for me brings the game to another level.
For me the visible aspect for table top gaming is a very big part of the enjoyment of it & anything I can do to add to that I will, as well as the two sets that have the doors, terminals escape pods & some other stuff, I also ordered a different set that has other stuff on it that will like the other sets also be usable in Space Hulk & in other thing, as you can see in the last picture I've a couple of the doors painted, I've gone for a grimy effect as Space Hulks are meant to be ships that have been lost for a long time.
The only thing I'm not sure of now is should I paint all the doors the same colour or have different coloured ones as a Space Hulk is meant to be many different ships all mashed together, why is life never easy :)

That's a wrap for this post as always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :)

16 comments:

  1. Great idea to add 3D elements from other games to your scenery. As for painting your doors I'd go for at least two different colour schemes. I couldn't agree with you more about "the visible aspect for table top gaming is a very big part of the enjoyment of it". Well said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan, yep the moment I put down the first door I knew that I had to go down the route of using 3D elements, & thanks for the in put on the doors as you've helped me make up my mind on that :)

      Delete
  2. That's some impressive "upgrading" by the props department Frank, and I totally agree with yourself and Bryan - whatever can be done to improve the visual presentation of our table top gaming only improves the gaming experience :-)
    Looking forward to seeing more Space Hulk (and I'm looking on the bay of E for some myself now, no no, don't feel guilty......)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, yep the props team have come up trumps on this one & happy hunting on E-bay, as for feeling guilty not a hope as I feel we all make one another spend money to up our game :)

      Delete
  3. Looks good Franco, it imght be worth a trip to battlesystems if you want to pick up some more props for space hulk. They have nice cardstock terrain range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darra, I think I might have enough of stuff for what I want for Space Hulk but I'll take a look as there's always other projects :)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic additions to a classic game, should look fantastic in one of your productions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I do think that when there all painted up they'll add a lot to it :)

      Delete
  5. I've been looking at 3D-printing essentially everything for Spacehulk. There was a kickstarter a while ago that had tiles that would have fitted surprisingly well for Spacehulk. I think they, obviusly by coincidence, had the more or less the same footprint as the cardboard ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joakim, as your the 3D printing man I'll leave that for you :)

      Delete
  6. Great crossover between board and miniature games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, that's kind of the effect I was looking for:)

      Delete
  7. That is all kinds of brilliant Frank! Excellent use of a great board game :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, it just feels so right for me tbh :)

      Delete
  8. Woah Frank
    Apologies for not writing sooner. That adaptation of Space Hulk is awesome. I have the KT sets with the terrain, and I never thought of going to ebay for more.
    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will, no worries its always nice to hear from you at any time & always happy if people find things on the blog to help them out :)

      Delete

Followers