Friday 23 October 2020

Gone but not forgotten

October is a month that a lot of bloggers use to paint certain types of models, one of those types is Zombies. Now tbh it is not something I've ever taken part in before but this year is a little bit different.

It was back in February of this year that Bryan aka Vampifan posted his final post, informing us that he'd not long to live, I later learned that Bryan sadly passed away in March, I guess the only comfort we can take from that is the end came fast.

Bryan was a big fan of the undead & it been the time of year that it is a lot of his fellow bloggers have taken it as an opportunity to pay their last respects, either by paint models or a game reports in tribute to Bryan.  

Bryan, thanks for all the wonderful posts & rest in peace, this Zombie is for you.

10 comments:

  1. Excellent looking Zombie Frank, and a wonderful sentiment in your words mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said Frank, and well done you for adding a painted zombie tribute.
    You know, you already have the "survivors" (they don't HAVE to be 21st century you know), and the terrain - just add some more excellent looking zeds like this one and you can 'join the gang' (and I know Bryan would LOVE that)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, That's the first zombie I've ever painted & I'd guess the last for some time as to many projects at the moment, but just felt I had to join in this time round in honour of Bryan.

      Delete
  3. She's a coy looking thing;) but maybe not someone you want to wake up next to in the morning.

    Nice tribute mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, You've never seen Mrs O'D :)

      Was glad to take part if you know what I mean.

      Delete
  4. Good looking zed and a very worth tribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, As it was my first time painting one & giving what it was for I was hoping it would turn out ok.

      Delete

Followers