Sunday 11 October 2020

Jungle Blade Mystery Act 3

                        Nickel & Dime Productions, proudly presents Radio Days
               Starring Donny Wayne as Karl Timperman & Mary Coyne as Easther Labelle
          If you like tails of daring deeds & high trills go somewhere else, if not then stay tuned.  

It didn't take them long to reach Harris's warehouse, but as they entered they were taken back at the group of people who were stood just inside the doorway, as this group would be more likely to be found at city-hall than in a warehouse down on the waterfront.

The group consisted of no less than 2 politicians, & one of who happened to be Sharina Benavides accompanied by her  political assistant  Glenn Leach & his very attractive wife Rose, the other politician was Dajon  Hyde who wife Joyce was also present, the Hyde's were among the most charismatic couple to be found in this or any other city of the world.
Esther" Why Sharina we " but a sharp tap on the ankle from Karl cut her off, as he cut in across her.      Karl" We were just talking about you, Esther was telling me you were at her fundraiser last night & made a very generous donation to the museum"                                                                 

 Sharina" Well it was the least I could & is really nothing when compared to all the hard work Esther does there, but I don't think I've had the pleasure of making your acquaintance before Mr ?"    
Karl"  Timperman, Karl Timperman & the pleasure all mine Miss Benavides"                                          
After exchanging a few more pleasantries the group departed, leaving Karl & Esther alone.
Esther "How come you didn't ask her any questions Karl ? & what was with the tap on my ankle ? I can still feel it & no doubt I'll have a lovely bruise there later"                                                                        

 Karl "Sorry about that Esther but I didn't want you telling her we've been looking for her, as given what's happened since we set off, what looked like the theft of the blade now looks to be turning out to be something a bit more sinister, the fact that we've turned up here will have them second guessing what we might or might not know or suspect, asking question might have lead to us revealing  more of our hand then I'd like to right now, come on lets go look for  Mc Coy" 

Esther Oh Karl what have I gotten you into ?"                                                                                      Given her slight grin Karl "Don't worry I can handle myself" 

As they wandered around the warehouse they came across two men moving some crates.                        One of the men" Can I help you folks ?"                                                                                               Karl" We're looking for Bob Mc Coy, any ideas were we might find him ?                                                Same man "There's a small workshop at the back of the warehouse my guess would be he's over there, if not then mores then likely he by out in the yard"                                                                                       Karl "Thanks"

As they approached the workshop they could here the sound of someone working.                          

 Karl "Keep back behind me when we go in Esther in case there's any rough-housing" 

As they walked in there was a man hammering some nails into a small crate.                                           

Karl called out in a loud voice "Hey buddy are you Bob McCoy ?"              

Man "Who wants to know?                                                                             

Not liking the guys attitude Karl slipped his hand into his coat pocket & closed it over the butt of the pistol before replying "I do & I'd like to talk to you about what you were doing at  Lambert  Bradshaw shop earlier"                                                                                                                                 

Man "I've no idea what your talking about, now beat it I'm busy"                  

Karl "You can either talk to me or the cops & there happens to by one right out front, Esther would you be so good as to go & get him ?"  

 

At this McCoy  came for Karl swinging  the hammer , But Karl had expected this & sidestepping him brought the pistol out of his pocket & stuck him in the side of the head with it, McCoy went crashing to the floor & Karl as quick as a flash smashed his heel down on the hand holding the hammer, with a cry of pain Mc Coy released the hammer as Karl then  knelled  down on his back & grabbing McCoy's arm brought it up behind his back in an arm-lock.

Karl" Now that were all comfortable we can have that little chat, now like I asked already McCoy what were you doing over at Bradshaw's shop ?"                                                                                                McCoy "I told you already I don't know what your talking about, I wasn't at any shop now get off me"  Forcing McCoy's arm further up his back, Karl "Come now Bob we both know that isn't true as you were seen, now what were you after & what have you done with Bradshaw ?" & just to drive home the point he put a bit more pressure on the arm.

 Mc Coy "Ok ok I'll talk, earlier I got a call from a guy I give a hand doing some muscle work from time to time, he told me to grab one of the vans & pick him up at the corner of 3rd & Maple, from there we headed over to the shop, when we got there he asked the owner about some book he wanted, I can't remember its name as I think it was Spanish, when the shop owner told him he didn't have that book he started to get angry & told him if he knew what was good for him he get him the book & quick, when the guy still incised he didn't have it he pulled a blackjack from his pocket & set on the guy beating him over & over with it all the while asking him about the book, when the guy blacked out he started going through the place like a bull in a china shop but couldn't find the book, so he told me to give him a hand & we dragged the own out a side door & put him into the back of the van drove back here, were he dropped me off & took off with the guy in the van"

Karl "The name of the guy & where did he go ?"                                                                                        Mc Coy "I can't tell you, it would be more then my life's worth"                                                              Pushing the arm higher Karl "Its not worth much now, the name"                                                              Crying out in pain McCoy  "I can't"                                                                                                              Karl bring the arm to breaking point "I think you can"                                                                                Mc Coy" Gerry O Brian, he's a retired cop, I don't know where he headed, honestly"

Looking around Karl "Esther hand me that rope & old rag please"                                                              After tying McCoy up loosely & putting a gag in his mouth Karl" Right that should him long enough for us to get out of here, come Ester"                                                                                                            Esther "Where to now ?"  as they stepped out of the warehouse.                                                              Karl" Back to your house, as I need to make some phone calls & pick up my car"                                     To be continued                                                

Designer's Note, Due to technical difficulties there will be no game input & I hope bloggers way of messing thing up doesn't take to much from your enjoyment of the story.

Well  that's it for this post, as always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :)





10 comments:

  1. A well told story, reminiscent of Dick Barton, leaving the listener eagerly awaiting more.Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Douglas, Dick Barton high prise indeed :)

      Delete
  2. Another excellent instalment Frank, think those dodgy politicians will have more to play later on !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, well to find that out you'll just have to stay tuned :)

      Delete
  3. I can almost hear the "Dick Barton" theme tune whilst reading the story. Very atmospheric of a classic pulp story. It was a very enjoyable read and tricj=ky to spot where the dice gods directed the storyline ( which is a good thing). Looking forward to the next episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, what the dice gods did or didn't decide is what I would have liked to cover in the designers note, but I don't need to explain blogger to you :(

      Delete
  4. Absolutely LOVING tuning in and "listening" to this series Frank. Keep em coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, I will, despite bloggers best efforts to stop me :)

      Delete
  5. And I thought that indented formatting was all your own work;)

    Hi Frank do you type directly into Blogger or the you type it somewhere else and copy and paste into Blogger. If the later maybe I can help but if you type directly into Blogger I've never done that so you are on your own.

    Story is coming on well although it seems to bely your original statement.

    If you like tails of daring deeds & high trills go somewhere else, if not then stay tuned. :)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, I do indeed type directly to blogger & had done since I started blogging, this problem is only recent :(
      I'm now looking at now typing on e-mail & then copy & paste it over.

      Yes I'm quite happy with how its developing, as for my original statement, well you didn't really believe that now did you ? :)

      Delete

Followers