Sunday 23 January 2022

Props & a sting in the tail

Just a little post to keep things ticking over, in the shot below which is from the Illuminati Treasure, our hero's are at the library, now unfortunately these cases don't come as you see them below.                                                                  

This is how they come, & for anybody interested they can be found here, https://www.etsy.com/ie/market/28mm_furniture?ref=pagination

After cleaning them up, I give them a coat of a yellow primer from Halfords, that I haven't been able to get for some time now. Stupid Breixt 
Next I give them a was of GW, s earth shade
The little books are just form. 
Any metal is just painted with a bronze paint
                                         
Next up is a model that I was to paint as part of Dave's paint what you have challenge at the end of last year. 
After clean up I sprayed it cream & gave it a wash of GW, s nightshade. Which is a dark blue. 
After that it was a couple of black wash's 
After that I just did a tidy up on the base & gave it an earth wash. Nothing spectacular but it does the job. 
As always my thanks for dropping in and if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed. 🙂

14 comments:

  1. Great work on the bookcases Frank, love the scorpion, where you've painted in lot's of thin layers, it has given a real depth to it's chitinous armour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I wasn't sure how well the depth would show up in the photos tbh, so glad to hear it did 🙂

      Delete
  2. Fabulous! Although I have just lost some time trawling around Etsy, so much cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, maybe I should have added a warning to the link, something like going here will use up a lot of your time 😂😂

      Delete
  3. Great stuff Frank! The bookcases are perfect set decorations and look forward to seeing that scorpion in a big action sequence 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, its things like the bookcases I need to be working on more as they're the charry on the cake kind of thing.

      Delete
  4. Agreed with the others, great work on the cases and the huge creepy crawly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fitz, the huge creepy crawly is one way of putting it lol

      Delete
  5. Really great work there, Frank. The library looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like seeing the 'behind the scenes' shots of your work, it does inspire seeing others' efforts - I'm pretty sure I have bookcass that I've never used somewhere too and should really get around to finishug them off !
    Love the giant scorpion (even at the half the size it would still look menacing)and your ise of washes gives it a lot of depth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, there's a new project for you to finish them ;)
      I think he go well in Jimsland :)

      Delete
  7. I'm late as ever, good to see you pumping stuff out Frank. I'd like to do more furniture like yours.

    I've been collecting pictures of bookends on a shelf with a view to printing them and wrapping round a small block of wood rather than painting the individual books like you have. I'm not sure it would be any better, yours have turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks John, all departments are working away so hoping to have things to post until the next big move release which is also in the work 😊

    ReplyDelete

Followers