Sunday 10 May 2020

New Dublin, Don Enzo Macaroni

Enzo Macaroni aka Unlucky Mac is head of the Italian mob in New Dublin, he got the unlucky tag after the accident at his 21st birthday party which seen him lose an eye, when the cork in the bottle of champagne he was opening shot out & hit him in the eye which costs him to lose it & as if that wasn't bad enough he then slip on the spilled champagne smashing his leg so badly he was left with a limp.
Lady luck is one dame who has never been seen hanging on his arm since that faithful night.

Name Enzo Macaroni,  Italian mob boss.
Fists5, Gats 3, Guts 5, Stunts 4, Smarts 5, Hits 5.

Skills
Unlucky--Director or opponent may demand this character re-roll one successful (but nonfatal) die roll per scene in the hope of failure.
Gimpy, -1 from all movement,but -2 from running.
Not in the face, all brawling wounds require an extra round to recover from.

Designers note, In keeping with the spirit of how I want to run this I went with rolling for the stats, now I have to say for someone who's unlucky he did really well, rolling 6,6,5,5,4,3,1,1, for the 8 dice rolled, how this works is that for each pair of 6's & 1's you roll they become 5's & 2's, you then assign the best 6 scores to the stats in whatever manner you want, also any 6 rolled gives you a roll on the skill table.
The unlucky skill I gave him for free, & rolled for the other two, the first one rolled was two 6's & at that point I was starting to thing I might need to drop the unlucky tag, that was until I looked to see what 66 was, as it turned out it was Gimpy, the next roll was a 4 &1, 41 which was Not in the face, guess the unlucky tag was about right :)

Well that's a wrap for this post, as always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :)


19 comments:

  1. Literally got blind on a bottle of Champs. What a corker. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dusty, hopefully he'll play a blinder :)

      Delete
  2. Great model and character for your upcoming games Frank, with those skill rolls he truly is unlucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave I've had him a long time but he's not got much use before, so I guess you could say this is his lucky brake :)

      Delete
  3. He's a great character and I love his background.
    I think recognise the stats too - am I correct in that they're from "Mad Dogs with guns" ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I'm pleased to hear that.
      Sorry to say the stats are not from Mads Dogs with guns but I have heard of it, their from Astonishing Tales mate.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Frank, same author I think (Whitehouse?)

      Delete
  4. I'm loving the whole concept of this series Frank - I hope you're going to keep up the high standards you're setting :-)

    You might not be interested, but I've just discovered some rather neat solo/co-op Pulp rules on the interweb that are currently 100% FREE (which is a price not to be sniffed at, and makes them worth getting if only to see if there's any ideas you like).
    They're written by the author of "Gaslands" so have a good pedigree :-)
    They're called "Perilous Tales" so you'll find them with a quick google, and there's been some reviews and playthroughs on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, no pressure then ? :)
      I have the rules already mate but thanks for the heads up.

      Delete
  5. Don Enzo is a very dapper character, I expect he sets the dress code for the Italian mob, I wonder if the Irish will be wearing flat caps ;)
    Looking forward to seeing the mob in action at a cinema near me in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, I think as I hope your not implying that us Irish lack a certain something when it comes to fashion LOL.

      Hopefully so mate :)

      Delete
    2. Compared to the Italians everyone lacks a little style :)

      Delete
  6. I'm very much looking forward to wherever this goes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enzo certainly looks the part! I like the idea of making a character unlucky, good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin, it is a different twist on how we normally do things :)

      Delete

Followers